Monday, June 8, 2009

HG product: Triple Antibiotic Ointment

This is probably my best beauty secret and the strongest product in my beauty arsenal:


Equate Triple Antibiotic Ointment!

I use this stuff on a daily basis, it has soo many uses.

1. Healing breakouts
Since a breakout is basically an infection in your pore, I find that antibiotic ointment works best for healing one quickly (and trust me, I've tried every acne treatment under the sun!). Just dab some on the breakout 1-3 times a day. And once it hits the scabby stage, dab a little on before you put on your makeup, it will form a barrier between the breakout and your concealer and foundation, so it doesn't stick to the scab and look crusty and gross!

2. Moisturizer/makeup base
I had seen a few posts by a girl on a forum I frequent talking constantly about what a great makeup base Vaseline makes...I always thought of Vaseline as being heavy, greasy, and just plain gross, I wasn't about to put it on my face! Until about 6 months ago, I had run out of moisturizer, it was the middle of January and I was not about to just slap some foundation on my unmoisturized face and go out. So I'm rifling through my drawers trying to find a substitute, and the only thing I came up with was...Triple Antibiotic Ointment! I thought back to the forum posts I had seen about Vaseline...I didn't have any Vaseline, but since the ointment is Vaseline based, it would do. I take a pea-sized amount and warm it on my fingers so that it becomes smooth and liquidy and massage it into my face just after I've stepped out of the shower while my skin is still slightly damp. If I've put too much on and it doesn't all absorb I just use a tissue to blot it. Alot of people say that petroleum (Vaseline) clogs pores, but it actually doesn't. The molecules (I think it's molecules, don't quote me on that) are too large to fit into your pores and clog them.

What is DOES do, however, is act as a barrier between your skin and your foundation, locking moisture into your skin, and smoothing your skin to make for a really smooth, even base for your makeup to go on. I also find that it keeps my skin from getting so oily, which gives my makeup much more lasting power.

I also use it on cracked lips and stubborn rough, dry patches of skin - I think that the added antibacterial and healing properties make it much more effective than other products, and since it's meant to be used on open wounds, much more gentle; no added dyes or scents or unnecessary bullcrap.

1 comment:

  1. did a 1st grader write that above ahahahaaa

    ReplyDelete